Thursday, October 10, 2013

Blog Post #3


             http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3789544

I chose this Article because of the title point blank. HUFFPOST’s Benefit Mascara Ad puts Male Private Parts Front and Center( VIDEO). This article is about a mascara, Mascara? I know that’s what I was thinking. This particular is all the rave per say. I have heard many great things about this product. Initially I wanted to check out the hype and what makes it so special… then this link came up and Holy Moly was I stunned in the most amusing way possible. The article was very short and sweet and had the video posted along with it. There was no cheesy infomercial tactics… i.e) floating quotes and fake actors smiling so hard until their teeth fly out their face to somehow signify their overly joyous reaction to the product. It simply was a description of the video, and yes how it was a little bazaar, but that made me want to see the products benefits even more. The creators definitely had my attention, and my amusement.
 
       I was very curious to see what in the world a man’s private part had to do with a mascara. (That sounds really funny, but you check it out and you will feel those question marks poking you).I was SHOCKED and oh so CONFUSED, Why is there a man with a red speedo?  Another with a wetsuit? Another doing yoga and well many more… but WHY are you all pulling a mascara tube or multiples out of your speedo, wetsuit, and yoga shorts!? Please imagine me laughing and displaying a “stink face” at the same time, because I’m pretty sure that’s what my reaction was looking like. I love that they had humor, or a lot to be exact. It was cheesy and bazaar to be honest, but man I’m thrilled to seek this product in stores now. I’m not saying the awkward bulging men in the video suddenly made me say “OMG I need to have it” , but it had me so curious as to why someone would make such an outrageous ad for something so irrelevant. This Ad had entice to seek benefits and more reviews for the product. It made me want to see what the business was about.

No comments: