Thursday, June 28, 2012

Blog 1- Black Swan

http://reeltimes.blogspot.com/2010/12/black-swan.html

I like how the review is compact and to the point. He uses perfect words like "intoxicating" and a "dizzying high" to explain the ride that Darren Aronofsky (director) takes us through. I like how he keeps it summative, but also focuses on qualities of the Director. I like the phrase "comfortable straightjacket" to explain Natalie Portman's situation and anxiety.
He also breaks down what the core of the film is, about "creative risk and personal development." He brings in examples to mix together. I also like the mention of Cronenberg-like body horror, which is saying just enough to make the reader curious, or repelled. One thing I am not sure if I like or not, is how he doesn't spell out good or bad. I like how he lets the analysis say that its good, and it is just a run down. He lays out enough information and insight for the reader to decide if their going to see it.

No comments: