Saturday, September 22, 2012

Ismail Blog #3


Henry Relishes the New in New York


By Sam Borden, new york times.

Summary:

Thierry Henry, One of the most famous soccer player in the world is now a soccer player of the New York Redbulls. In this Article, Sam Borden is going to talk about  Henry's love for America during his youth and especially how he felt in love with New York city; furthemore he will share some information about his career as well as his family.
To go little bit deeper, Henry received form his father a jacket of the NY giants and in following year the Giants have won the superbowl, so he directly felt in love with this city. For all the french people, living in America is a dream and especially when you can do what you like the most. That is to say that if Henry choosed NY is because he really want it to. What is particularly stricking is that he took the decision of leaving his family in london to come live by himself in NY.

5 rhetorical strategies:

Repetition: "New York", "Henry" 

Diction: How could I forget? The corn on the cob at La Esquina might be my favorite thing in the entire city. I don’t know what they put on it, but even if they told me it’s  something bad, I will still eat it.”

IronieHe speaks so many languages that sometimes, when he is trying to order his pasta al dente, he will lapse into Spanish instead of Italian. 

Alliteration: banter, bonding

Characterization: He’s very casual. He’s a funny guy. He likes to joke around.

I choosed this article because in europe we bread for soccer and I wanted to share my soccer passion with all my classmates and more especially because now Henry is a player that plays in the Major League soccer and he is now very famous in the U.S

No comments: