Thursday, September 13, 2012

Want me to quote you? I need some quotes!


If you're a student, give me your opinion on the prof breastfeeding in class. I'm writing a (hurried) response to send out in hopes of publishing it, and I need a few opinions from local students (local publication, need local voices). If you want to respond, read the following. I would need to quote you with your name, so keep that in mind.

Would this disturb you? Do you think she has a right to do so (her university has already spoken out in support of her)? Do you think your opinion is colored by your sex? Tell me what you think.

(Pink is a link)


2 comments:

Filipo Bellinghieri said...

I think it's ok, everyone is just over exaggerating and saying "No is not the breast feeding is the sick baby" at least 20% of any school has sick students, even more now that we are changing from fall to winter, but whatever, and about the breast feeding it's fine and natural, I would say normal but natural is a better way to put it, the first rubber was patented in 1845, and it got improver at the 1900s, so the last evolution of humans was 200,000 years ago and over all was 4.5 million years ago, now tell me, how have we been feeding our baby's for this last 199833 years? You know the answer...

Unknown said...

I, personally, support her decision. Maybe it's because I'm a married woman or maybe it's just how I was raised, but where I'm from breastfeeding is a very natural and ordinary thing. Breasts were made to feed babies! That's what they are there for. As a woman, I'll be damned if someone is going to make a big deal out of me feeding my child. The fact that it was in a FEMINIST ANTHROPOLOGY class only makes it that much more acceptable. Lesson in feminism guys: breasts are not just for sex! There was nothing sexual or inappropriate about her feeding her child, sick or not, so I see nothing wrong with it.