Sunday, September 1, 2013

Blog#1


Me and my wife Emily in La Jolla for the day.
 Hello everyone! My first blog is a little late. Not only am I figuring out how to do this whole blog thing but I was on the wait list for this class for almost two weeks and I just got in! I am nervous and excited to start this class. English has never been my specialty but I am here and ready for the challenge.

My name is Jake Haman and I have been in the Marine Corps for 5 years now and I am stationed in California. This is my first semester at a college and I am taking this class to meet the requirements to get into the MECEP program. Which is transferring from enlisted to officer.

I have been married for over four years to my wife Emily, she has a little dog named roofio. Notice how I say she has a dog because I feel it is to small for me to call it my dog. I have two sisters and she has two brothers. Both our families live in Wisconsin which is hard because we love our families and we don't get to see them that much.

I enjoy my job but I am ready to advance I don't like to stay doing one thing for too long. This will be difficult to juggle everything going on in my life but I love to learn and I am ready for the next step. I will be deploying to Japan soon so I am looking forward to be talking to all of you from there! That's all for now and I will talk to you in the next blog!
My wife and her two brothers getting ready for some burritos.


Me and my cousin Adam back in Wisconsin.
At San Clemente Pier.

2 comments:

Amy Bolaski said...

Glad to have you, Jake.

When are you going to Japan?

Unknown said...

Hi Amy, I actually just got the dates today and we are leaving sometime between Oct 10th through the 20th. By the way I don't foresee any issues taking this course there. My leadership knows about it and they are very supportive. Just thought I would let you know!