Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Little Update


Hi all,

I've got bronchitis, and I've got it bad. I've been slightly MIA for a few days, and for that I apologize. 

I'm going to post the directions for the 2nd blog post tonight as well as a (short) extension for the first paper. I want to ensure Blog Post #2 and the first paper are spaced out properly. 

I will also finish adding articles tomorrow. Again, my humble apologies. My little one had it, was out of school for nearly a week, and of course, I picked it up. I'm getting there with a bit of sleep and antibiotics.

On another, perhaps more somber note (and a note I'll try to perk up a bit at the end), I want to tell you just a bit more about myself and my current situation.

Some of you have probably noticed I'm online largely late at night - this will be typical. I take care of my grandmother (she just turned 89!) during the week as well as my son. We lost my mom earlier this year, and very suddenly. She was my very best friend and largely involved in my son's daily life (my husband, Reed and I still live with my dad). She was also my grandmother's caretaker, so things have shifted dramatically for all of us -- emotionally and practically. As such, the majority of my "working life" begins around 9 pm (hence those middle-of the-night announcements). If you email me early on in the day, I'll usually get back to you the same day - I aim to do so! -- but it will nearly always be in the evening. If you have a pressing question that I can answer quickly, do feel free to text me. 760-453-8834. I can't respond to texts that require paragraph-long responses - these are best left to email.  I just wanted to give you a sense of how and when I tend to work and why. I'm very involved with my classes, and you'll find I offer some face-to-face office hours here and there throughout the semester.I will also offer some "real-time" office hours online. 

In other news, a few pics to return to the upbeat. I mean, you can't really compete with this cuteness, right?

SHE'S ASLEEP, BEEN SO FOR AN HOUR LIKE THIS.



No comments: