Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bourne Legacy: A Review

'Bourne Legacy' movie review: Fourth trip to the well pays off for action franchise

        I have always been a fan of the Bourne movies and when the newest movie Bourne Legacy came out I was excited to see the change in storyline, and the matter of the helpful "oh it all makes sense now" moments that I expected to see. I found this assignment to be the ultimate opportunity to give my opinion and try to review this movie like an actual critic (in training). I found this review on Metacritic.com, it was written by "Oh, the basics are still in place"there's not that much about the first three "Bourne" movies that you need to know in order to follow this outing". In terms of writing, the review was witty, an air of criticism was present throughout the article he seemed to be unimpressed with the movie or slightly disappointed with the franchise. My opinion about the movie fell similar along the same lines as the review my girlfriend and I both agreed that the action in the movie was outstanding yet the movie itself lacked a complexity that you would expect from the conspiracy that drives the whole plot. On another note I actually really liked the writing style, I was also disappointed with outcome of the movie yet relatively pleased with the new perspective of a similar yet new character in the Bourne series.
                                                                  

 Initial review:
 by: Mike Scott
Published: Friday, August 10, 2012, 6:00 AM
 http://www.nola.com/movies/index.ssf/2012/08/bourne_legacy_movie_review_fou.html












No comments: