Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Help-Blog #1

By Paula Sepeda Title: The Help Author: Dana Stevens Source: http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/movies/2011/08/the_help.html

I read several reviews before I was satisfied with this author. I’ve only seen The Help once however I really enjoyed it and I started to use a lot of the “one liners” from it in my own dialogue like my own movie language. So when I started looking for a review I wanted to get a soft summary of the movie, one that didn’t give it away but still interesting enough to make me want to watch it. I like how the author was gentle with her descriptions of the character’s , she didn’t give a lot of details but just enough to get you curious and hooked to watch it. She describes the two main housekeepers perfectly in just a few words “smart, funny, and righteous”. There’s even a line were you can tell that the writer sets apart Skeeter, the main character, letting the reader interpret that she is an outsider even amongst her own race.  The writer informs that the movie is a light hearted tear jerker with a message that will pull the audience in and make them to either relate or realize how far our country has come on this long road of racism. It show’s two world’s mainly from a woman’s view the high classed whites, the house keepers that belong to them, and how differently their two worlds are even though they are so closely intertwined.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, I chose the same author! I like her reviews