Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Raven Review

Movie: The Raven
Directed By: James Mc Teigue
Written By: Ben Livingston, Hannah Shakespeare
Reviewer Site: http://www.richardroeper.com/reviews/theraven.aspx (From Rotten Tomatoes)

Well this movie is about a serial killer that uses Edgar Allan Poe fiction murder stories and makes them real, the movie is about Detective Fields and Edgar trying to find the murderer.

Well I personally think this a good movie, by good I mean 8 out of 10, Edgar Allan Poe is a well written character and it is enjoyable and thrilling to see this character evolve during the film, the rest of the character aren't as good as Edgar but they are ok, the murderer seemed like he was doing things that would take 15 to 16 man to accomplish and it was like he could appear anywhere at anytime but still a good movie a little gory and dark but that is how I like them.
My favorite quote from the reviewer "Is a bloody good time" and it is.
So I won't tell you any more about this movie you should go and see it yourself.

Curious Fact:
On October 3, 1849, Poe was found on the streets of Baltimore delirious, "in great distress, and... in need of immediate assistance", according to the man who found him, Joseph W. Walker. He was taken to the Washington College Hospital, where he died on Sunday, October 7, 1849, at 5:00 in the morning. Poe was never coherent long enough to explain how he came to be in his dire condition, and, oddly, was wearing clothes that were not his own. Poe is said to have repeatedly called out the name "Reynolds" on the night before his death, though it is unclear to whom he was referring. - Source Wikipedia
You might ask yourself "What dose this have anything to do with the movie?" I would tell you but you better watch the movie.

P.S. Read his books if you like dark literature.

EDIT: Is on DvD Octover 9

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never got a chance to watch this but I would really like to! I was unsure when I saw the trailers because I was afraid they would ruin it (I loved the poem/short story). I may just have to rent it and find out, thank you!