Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blog Post #1

These are my best friends! From left to right: Dominique,
Katleyn, Me, and Tatiana. 
Hello Everyone! My name is Erica Navarette and I am 20 years old. I would describe myself as a kind, loving, and a fun person. I have grown up in San Diego and love going to the beach. I also love Mexican food and am a vegetarian. I love taking photos so I'll be sharing plenty with you on here. I have a teacup chihuahua named Belle and she is the sweetest thing.
Belle is only 4lbs.
I am a Child Development major and would love to work with children when I graduate. This is my first semester at Mira Costa and I'm excited to have online classes.
I have recently moved home after going to school in North Carolina the last two years. I was recruited out of high school to play softball at UNC Greensboro and had an amazing time. I made the best memories and am walking away pleased with my college experience. I decided that I no longer wanted to play softball because it was interfering with my school work so that is why I came home.
10 is my favorite number

My Dad and I last yea










My Dad came to North Carolina a lot to visit me.




Inside the locker room.



This summer was truly the best summer. I was able to do a lot. I went to the Dallas Cowboys training camp in Oxnard,CA. I'm a huge football fan. My Dad is from Texas and I was raised on loving the Cowboys. I was able to meet some of them and even get autographs. Can't wait for the season to start!



This summer I had the opportunity to see Beyonce live in
LA. She was so amazing and the best live performer I
have ever seen and heard. I was in VIP box seats which
made the experience that much better.


My cousins, Dad and I. 
My family is something that I value most in my life and I am so happy that I can spend so much time with them. We have them over almost every weekend and we enjoy everyones company. We had a lot of BBQs this summer and bonfires. 



I went to Laughlin with my family and Lake Havasu for a day. We rented a pontoon boat and was on the water most of the time. It was over 100 degrees but hot weather wasn't going to stop us from having fun!

Underwater shot in the pool.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Its so cool that you played for a college team! Did you gals win any titles while you were there? :)

Meghan Stanton said...

Hey Erika,
I can't believe I know someone else who is vegetarian! Everyone I know always try to convert me to becoming a meat eater, but no thank you! I recently got into photography so it's very exciting seeing someone who shares the same interests. Glad to "meet" you!

-Megs

Unknown said...

Wow... you were in the VIP seats for Beyonce!? So lucky! I've been listening to Beyonce since I was probably in 6th grade (when she was with Destiny's Child). Anyways, thats pretty cool! :)

kailyn said...

Okay, we have a lot in common.

1. I grew up playing softball. So I'm jealous you got to play in college ( I went with soccer and only playing 2 years at Palomar)

2. FOOTBALL SEASON! enough said. Chargers fan all the way.

3. I want to work with children when I graduate, as well.