Thursday, August 22, 2013

Blog Post #1


Hello everyone! My name is Amanda Padilla and I’m 20 years-old. I currently live in Carlsbad, but I grew up in Ventura County, CA. 

I moved to Los Angeles right out of high school, where I attended a couple different colleges, but to make a long story short, I couldn’t make up my mind and now decided to become a nurse anesthetist. Who knows what they want to do forever at eighteen? 

Anyway, my husband, Danny is Marine and works at Camp Pendleton, which brings me to this area. (Yes, I know we got married very young. Nineteen to be exact.) We have been together for two and a half years and two of those he spent in Japan. 

It was hard with the distance, but he came home to visit sometimes and I was able to go to Japan twice. It was such a great experience because I had always wanted to travel to Japan. It is absolutely beautiful there! 

My husband and I have a beautiful six month-old baby girl, Aria, who we adore, and are also parents to a cat, a tortoise, and a fish, which is all our apartment can hold. 

I have been taking mostly online courses since I’ve been a mother, trying to juggle being a student, mom and wife, however this is my first time taking them at Mira Costa. 

6 comments:

bossenfort said...

Hello Amanda,

Welcome to MiraCosta!
Thank you for supporting your husband in his career as a Marine defending our country. While you know only a little about me, please know that service members and their families have my utmost respect and appreciation. Best of wishes to you and your family as you navigate the territory of being a wife, mom, and student!

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda we share some of the same things I also live in Carlsbad too! How funny I also got married young too. I don't think that age should be a issue for two who love each to get married. Back in the day they got married at 13-15 but I feel people forget about that! So I think it's awesome.

Shannon Kristine said...

Your daughter is adorable. Please thank your husband for her service, and a special thank you to you for your sacrifices so that he can serve.

uri robinson said...

Hello Amanda,

Kudos to you first of all, Being a marine wife is not easy, My whole life has been military, My father and now my future husband. You look like you have everything under control, still in school and still making yourself a better person, mother and wife and that's what matters. Honestly, Love at any age is questionable and hard, but when that person makes it clear even when everything else is muddy, I think that's when you know.

Best,

Uri

Nicole Jones said...

Hello Amanda,
happy to hear your Daughter is doing well (she is so cute by the way) and glad to hear your marriage is going good despite his deployment.
I do not think getting married at a young age is ever bad. With a young marriage you have the time to grow older together which is a rarity these days. I think you are lucky and blessed to have love in your life and a husband you can grow old with. Your Daughter is so cute btw, did I say that already? lol!

Nicole

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda,
I, too only take online classes, I work overnights because I didn't want to miss any milestones of my daughters first years.