Thursday, August 22, 2013

Its a Shantastic life! Blog entry 1

 
Hi there, my name is Shannon and I live in Winchester, which I like to refer to as French Valley... after all, "French Valley" sounds so much more fancy than Winchester. I am 32 years old and have one daughter.  She is fabulous.

This is a picture of her when she was a baby.....she is twelve now.
 

This is her now.
 
 
Some of my favorite things are unicorns, The Rock, snow, and Valencia orange refreshers from Starbucks.I love using the word magical, and I love all things that sparkle. 

 
I even purchased a glitter binder for this class.
 
 
 
 

I think it is important for you all to know up front that I am all about taking selfies. I feel that the selfie is truly an art form and I take them whenever I have the opportunity.
 

Random Selfie

New York City selfie.
 
I wanted the large sunglasses but they were all out.
 
  
I recently got a dog and named her Fancy.
 
 
 
 She is a goldendoodle, and I don't think she likes to swing very much. Have a puppy is a lot like having a newborn. I don't want to rush her through life or anything, but lets just say I cant wait to get to the part where she just lays around all day.



I once got tricked in to volunteering to be a referee. I had to take an 8 hour class which I thought would be a "you pass if you show up" kind of situation, but they actually required me to pass a written exam with nearly 100 questions. I was able to persevere and as soon as I got my referee badge I immediately razzled it up with glitter. The person in charge of the referees said I couldn't wear a badge with glitter and that ended my referee career.


 
My absolute favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing. I have had a crush on Patrick Swayze since I was four.

 


Here is a picture of Patrick and I....

 
My other most favorite movie of all time is Home Alone.
 
 
I love hot dogs. Yes, I know they are not healthy, yes, I know they are made of questionable substances but listen, I have never read the ingredients and I feel that I am better off that way. I recently switched to turkey franks, and I must say they aren't bad. I don't know if they are really any better for me, or if a hot dog is a hot dog, but at least it helps me to convince myself I am making healthier choices.

Hot dog at the One Direction concert....don't judge me, I went because my 12 year old loves them....and because they are adorable little fellas.
 
My first concert was in 1993 when I was 12. I saw Billy Ray Cyrus in all his mullet glory. It was amazing. I am rather impressed with myself for still having the ticket 20 years later, and it just having one schmutz stain.

 
I don't want you to be jealous when you see this next photo. I know it will be hard due to my flowing luscious third-grade mullet locks. I had great hair back then.....

 
Please also try not to be jealous of my amazing crooked bangs (that my dad cut by putting a strip of masking tape across my forehead which turned out to be surprisingly unreliable) and my Heidi dress in the following photo. Again, I know it will be hard.
 


I recently attended the Michael Bolton concert with my mom at the Grove in Anaheim. When I was growing up my mom was OBSESSED with Michael Bolton. I know every word to every song and I wasn't afraid to show it at the concert. He has the voice of an angel.  My coworkers apparently don't feel as though he is as amazing as I do and put up some hilarious pictures of him at my desk. 




I have a great job working as a Human Resources Manager and was lucky enough to find a career I loved when I was 19. If I could convince you all of one thing, it would be that HR people are people too.  If I call you to my office, that doesn't necessarily mean you're getting fired..... but why are you so nervous? You're acting kind of suspicious, maybe you did something wrong??!
 
 I have 13 years of experience in HR and recently passed my SPHR exam (Senior Professional in Human Resources). It was a doozy of a test. The national pass rate is under 40%.  I had a lot of Jessi Spano moments in the weeks leading up to my exam. If you aren't sure what a Jessi Spano moment is, first let me apologize that your life has not been blessed with this clip before....please click on the link.
 
 
Thank goodness I passed. I celebrated with a bottle of Champs. Wilson Creek is my personal favorite!
 
 
 
I have decided that it is time to get my degree in Business Management, so that is what I am doing here. I look forward to learning and growing through this semester with each of you.
 
XO
 
Shannon
 
 

5 comments:

Sung Mi Pyun said...

Hello,

I live in Corona. Temecula is really close to my home. :))
I also like the movie Home Alone. I used to learn English by watching that movie.

Best,

Sungmi

Amy Bolaski said...


I'm having an OMG moment - I love this blog entry.

***I think you have to be in your 30s to have a Jessi Spano moment.

***I once watched Dirty Dancing 36 times over the course of the first summer I babysat (not while I was watching the twin two-year-olds, but after they went to sleep, of course).

***I live in Winchester. I wish I didn't. That said, howdy, neighbor.

Shannon Kristine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shannon Kristine said...

Oh my gosh Amy,I actually live in Winchester...or as I like to call it French Valley (because "French Valley" sounds a lot more fancy than Winchester) I only said Temecula because I didn't think anyone would know where the Winch was. I guess I should edit my blog post! I am so glad that you were able to determine I am in my 30s simply due to my usage of "a Jessi Spano moment". This class is amazing so far!

Unknown said...

Your dog is adorable, and I completely understand were you're coming from with the whole "hurry up and sleep all day" desire. My mutt was (and still is on occasion) full of enough energy to power my house for weeks on end.