Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blog Post 1


My GF and I at the fair

Hi my name is Matt! I am 20 years old and this is my first semester at Mira Costa. I had previously attended college before at Palomar College, but it was very difficult to get the courses I needed so I decided to transfer. I've lived in San Diego my whole life and could never picture myself moving out of California.I've played almost every sport growing up, but I really enjoyed basketball. I've played on many different travel ball teams and also played for the San Marcos High School Varsity team. I still play pick-up games to keep in shape. I do have a nerdy side too though ha. I like comic books and became a Semi-Professional gamer when I  was 16. Most of you probably didn't even know that that was even a real thing haha. I would travel around U.S. and compete in MLG (Major League Gaming) events for 500,000 dollars. I missed a lot of school because of all the traveling I had to do. I even had to take off a year of basketball for it. I've had a girlfriend for the past two years and couldn't be happier! She means everything to me. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and am looking forward to this semester with you all!


Random Picture :)


My really good friend also has an album out on iTunes so you guys should go check it out if you're not too busy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm no MLG, but I love gaming! Did you win any competitions? that is the coolest thing ever!

bossenfort said...

Hey Matt!

Welcome to MiraCosta!
What an incredible opportunity to travel the U.S. as a semi-pro gamer you had! I can only imagine the adventures one could have doing that. What are your top 3 favorite games?

Unknown said...

MLG is a pretty awesome experience, bummer it had to take a bite out of your education. What types of games were you competing at? MOBA, FPS, RTS, all of the above?