Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Blog Post 1

Hi everyone, my name is Rachele Jacobs.  I just turned 18 on July 9th, and I am currently taking my first fall semester of college! Woo!  I love animals and music, going outside, hanging out with friends; basically, anything that keeps me active and enjoying life.

Below are two pictures of my dog "Dottie"- very original, I know.  We got her a few years ago from the pound, were she was slightly on the skinny side... not anymore... which is probably my fault.



















This is a picture of myself along with my 16 year old brother on the right.





I was born in Oceanside, and I am still currently living in Oceanside, but in a different house (rather than the one I grew up in).








  My mom is Australian, so used I travel to Australia every other year (now it's whenever I get the chance- due to work, etc.) to visit my family there.  My grandparents live on the Sunshine Coast, which is a little further up north from Brisbane.









I've played many sports throughout school, such as: volleyball, tennis and softball.  I played volleyball in 8th grade for my middle school.  The volleyball coach actually told me I should sign up, but I never did, so she called the house phone and convinced my mom to have me sign up! Awkward.  I am 5'11 and I would consider myself to be athletic.  I find myself being pretty good at any sport I play- hope I'm not sounding too conceded....  Anyways, I did tennis for my freshman and sophomore year of high school.  I made junior varsity my freshman year, and then managed to make varsity my sophomore year.  Lastly, I played softball for the first time my junior year and I made varsity.  I played center field and occasionally first base.  I played Little League with my two brothers when I was younger, so it defiantly helped me out.  My senior year I stopped playing sports, because I was too busy working and I wouldn't of been able to make most of the practices.  I hope to join a volleyball team/club soon, because I do miss staying active and the competitiveness of the sport.

4 comments:

Meghan Stanton said...

Hey Rachele,
You sound like you were THE sports girl at your school! That's very exciting to be able to have talent in every sport you play. I wish I had that! Great "meeting" you!

-Megs

Unknown said...

@Megs: I've always played sports since I was little, and my parents wouldn't allow myself or my brothers to not play a sport when we were younger. So, just lots of years of experience. Nice "meeting" you too :)

Unknown said...

Hi Rachele,
Love your little dog, what a cutie!Enjoy your first year in college, I love miracosta. Staying active is one of my favorite things as well. Good luck this semester:)
=Shannon

uri robinson said...

Hello Mate,

Sorry if that's annoying, but I love the Australian accent. I just needed to throw that in there.

You seem very nice, and active that is always good.

Anyway, enjoy college it is a nice experience and a time for mistakes, and a few hiccups. None the less we all figure it out and have a lot of fun a long the way.

Best,

Uri