Monday, July 30, 2012

Better late, than never. Blog 6

            I have never enjoyed writing, perhaps because I suck at it.  I usually write things down the way that they make sense in my head, but usually make no sense to the reader. So basically all of my first drafts I thought; "fuck yeah, this shit is bad ass." When it really wasn't...at all.  I appreciate all the help with my grammar and overall writing. I learned much more than I thought I would throughout the semester, such as: basic MLA, rhetorical strategies, knowing that everyone else's opinion's matter.  I think in my first paper, the critical review, when I finished it I actually thought my grammar was just fine.  I didn't even look over it for any type of corrections, that's how confident I was.  I even said something in my reflection piece about, "I think my grammar was still good surprisingly after all these years." It's been eight years now since I wrote a paper. So my confidence was slightly...fucked up. The paper was a cluster fuck of different colors of corrections, mostly grammar. It was definitely an eye-opener. I feel I have progressed a great deal, I will definitely not be so cocky when it comes to my future assignment's, and be much more careful when it comes to turning something in without making sure someone else has looked it over and doesn't think it sucks. I still managed to show up everyday to class early, that's one thing I don't have a problem doing lol. I took just the one class over the summer as a way of getting back into the flow of college life. Perhaps I will be more out-spoken in future classes, instead of the quiet observer that I was probably known for. Was a very fun class and I didn't think I would laugh so much each day. Hope everyone has a good summer and maybe see some of you in Sociology, Italian and Weight-lifting class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You definitely don't suck at writing. Take it from someone who clearly doesn't suck at writing, and happens to be a very critical reader. One a scale from 1 to suck, you're nowhere near suck.

Unknown said...

Thank you Roxy. Maybe there is a reason to live after all.