Thursday, July 26, 2012

Blog #6- ENG 100 is over- was really fun ^_^


This class was very funny and interesting. My English progressed much more than when I start the class. I learned how to do grammar points and how to do a good thesis, etc. I was really bad in doing  good essays because English as my second language is more difficult for me to manage, so I always thought in Spanish first then I translated to English; sometimes this made me get confused on things that I wanted to put and explain in my paperwork.  Also I discuss some writing strategies in the writing center that I didn’t know how to use. I think because of this class I went in there. When I write, I really love to have an example as a vision of what is that I need to do. If I start writing without an example I do not do anything good. I do only mess up my paper and I just write things that are out of context and do not make sense.

                I think that I need to focus more on my grammar. The three papers that I did for this class had a problem with grammar points. I think that I need to study more and do everything I can to understand how to use “to” and “for”.  I always use “to” instead or “for” and vice versa.

                I’m really bad at writing reviews, I think that it was the most difficult assignment that I did in class because I’ve never done that before in ESL or other classes. It was a great experience in learning how to do reviews on my own. My writing is very boring and formal, when I need to write or do something that need to be fun or interesting is very difficult for me but I’m working to learn how to express myself in a funny way. I also learned how to use quotes properly. I think that now, I can really do a good paragraph with good examples that are connected with what I want to say. However, I think that I have potential to do a good essay; I only need to learn more English and be more clearly in what I want to said.

                aah I want to say thank you to everyone in class, it was really interesting. I think i'll never see a class with so  much fun and I hope that everyone would be well in the next semester. ENJOY YOUR  SUMMER....^_^

by Tania Lopez

               

No comments: