Saturday, July 21, 2012

I Need Help to Write an Article for CityBeat

Yep. I'm writing what's supposed to be a major feature, and I'm supposed to come up with something alternative, off the beaten path, unusual (so the usual hipster stuff isn't going to cut it). It can be experiential - something to go do/watch/participate in, a profile of an individual, practice, group. I need something cutting edge centered in downtown (ideally, but a fringe community/suburb would work). Whom among you is cool? I don't spend much time in downtown these days and am inherently not cool, so . . . yeah. If you can come up with something, totally willing to go with you, pay for your part, etc. Really, any ideas would be graciously accepted. I've got a bit of time on this one - no official deadline - but the editor is also a good friend, so I want to do it justice. What say you? CityBeat

5 comments:

Unknown said...

There's alot of cool stuff in downtown Covina (I know it's kind of far) but it's beautiful! I haven't really actually gone around and looked at everything but when I drive through it, they have cool art shows, plays, etc. I'll ask my boyfriend who also works for the city of Covina if there's anything special going on! Hope this helps!

Amy Bolaski said...

Hi Rita,

Thank you so much. But it has to be in San Diego. :)

Unknown said...

Oh okay! Sorry!! Ummmm downtown Oceanside always seems to have cool things. Haha I don't know. I'm not cool myself either.

Unknown said...

They're doing Shakespeare at the Old Globe. These days, that's off the beaten path.

Anonymous said...

Damn...one of my favorite bands EVER (and a totally under-appreciated one), The Xx, is playing in San Diego @ SOMA on October 11th. But I'm assuming it needs to be something sooner than that so I'll keep looking :D