Saturday, July 28, 2012

Help Revising, Non-Sequitur City

As I finish up commentary on a few last opinion pieces (oh, yes, still doing that and not yet onto the portfolios), I wanted to let you know that I'm more than happy to help you revise something further if need be. Sometimes students use papers as writing samples for Honors, getting into other programs, universities, etc. If you want to further hone something you wrote in this class, let me know and I'd be happy to do it. If you want or need help with something in the future, please don't hesitate. A lot of you will take 201 or 202 very soon and, while I would certainly encourage you to work on things with whomever you take, I'd be happy to help you with a thesis statement, whatever. I'm not teaching 201 again until the spring and, while I really, really hope to see some of you in Lit 120 this fall and/or 201 in the spring, I know many of you will be taking one of the 200-levels this fall (and you enjoy that 10-15 page research paper that comes with it!) Whether I see you again in a class or not - if you can handle my general disorganization (it's getting better every semester -- swear!), thank you. For your work, your humor, your ever-improving ability to rip on one another. I had a great time. Hopefully you, you know, learned something along the way, too.

No comments: