Saturday, July 14, 2012

Blog Post 4

        I found this article on Salon.com. It's about George Bush's diary. Here ya go. First off, does anyone really care about this? I chose this one because I thought it was another completely useless article that caught my eye. Is this really what people give a shit about reading anymore?  I was still getting used to Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus; how they style their hair is quite fascinating.
        
        "If a chimichanga isn't deep fried then it's JUST A BURRITO!" A quote from Bush's diary...... For some reason, I read the entire article. It's our former president, not current, and it's completely about the secrets of his diary. I don't know what else to say.  He uses description, structure, sarcasm and other rhetorical strategies to create this wonderful waste of time.
        
        On a more serious note, this is an article from Salon.com,(Out-of-control credit markets, by Edward Harrison, July 13th 2012.) I chose this article because it directly interferes with my way of thinking and how I spend money. Sure I have credit cards, are there married, 25 year old, not living at home, students that don't? It's not just about credit cards per say: mortgages, insurance, student loans, etc are all forms of debt.
        
        "Credit is indeed the lifeblood of business. Modern economies can't work without credit markets. But when they are opaque, dysfunctional and corrupt as they are now, it can only lead to economic disaster, as we have witnessed over the past five years." Harrison states the obvious here. We all know credit companies are corrupt, the disaster that is brewing will come in time. Perhaps we will have another great depression? Does it really matter right now? Everyone will keep using credit cards, keep building their debt and the earth will keep turning. Until the time does come for panic, everyone just sit back, relax and waste money.  The writer uses Ethos, Lothos, tone and structure.

This is all my opinion of course.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent use of sarcasm, it was an interesting read.